What to do with Lady Banks
- Pass along the gossip. Each issue is full of interesting and rather odd
links to news your customers may find engaging. Donna Tartt on water
towers in a Southern Landscape. Joshilyn Jackson on her trip to
jail. Southerners are storytellers first and foremost, are they not?
- Create regular displays of books featured on her ladyship’s bookshelf. “Lady
Banks’ Bookshelf” is a regular part of the newsletter that features carefully
designed shelf talkers of books of interest to SIBA stores. Book Award
titles and Holiday Catalog titles are promoted on the Bookshelf, which receives
promotion in every SIBA email and on every SIBA-hosted website.
- Introduce the newsletter to your book clubs as a source of new titles,
especially contemporary Southern literature.
- Reprint the author interviews and book reviews on your own websites
and in your own newsletters. As long as you provide proper credit,
all content is available for reuse by SIBA booksellers.
- Send the list of “traveling authors” to your book clubs and other
organizations as a potential source of speakers.
- Get ideas for your own blogs and newsletters.
Below are Downloads, Printables and Helpful Web Links