A Letter from the SIBA President
Okra Pick Nominations Due
Check Your Account Information
Dear SIBA Members,
I hope Small Business Saturday was successful for you all and that holiday shoppers are out in force at all your stores.
This will be my last letter as your SIBA President. Fellow board member Doug Robinson, owner of Eagle Eye Book Shop in Decatur, GA, will take over from me on January 1st, 2017. Doug’s email address is email@example.com and I know he’d love to hear from you on any topic.
As part of the Board’s duty to look to the future on our members’ behalf, three board members -- Doug Robinson, Linda-Marie Barrett, and Stephanie Crowe -- attended a Trends seminar in Chicago this month to get trained out how to recognize, analyze, and capitalize on trends.
Most of the Board, including myself as outgoing board member, and Kimberly Daniels-Taws as incoming board member will be attending Winter Institute in Minneapolis. We hope many of you will also be braving the cold of Minnesota and we hope to see you there. If you’re attending, remember to pack your y’all buttons so we can find each other more easily. If you’ve never gotten (or have lost) your y’all button, look for Doug in Minneapolis and he’ll have a stash to hand out to you.
I’ve greatly enjoyed my 6 years on the SIBA Board and my last two years as your SIBA President and thank you for all your support of SIBA.
Wishing you a Happy Holiday!
Your outgoing SIBA President
Winter Okra Pick Nominations are due!
The deadline for the Winter Okra Pick nominations is tomorrow, December 1. Click here to nominate. Make sure the books you are most looking forward to are the ones everyone will be looking forward to!
Check your account information!
The SIBA website "member hub" has received an upgrade, so if you log into your account, things are going to look a little different.
Here's a basic overview of the changes:
- You can now fix it so you can log in using Facebook.
- The site is mobile-friendly, so you can now check it on your phone. Designated Android and iPhone apps are coming soon.
- Once you log in, you can see all the SIBA notifications, plus news from other SIBA stores, in your main feed, just like you do with facebook. In fact, the site is set up very much like facebook, so it should be easy to see important news.
Here's how to log in:
Login Link: http://sibaweb.site-ym.com/login.aspx
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you don't know your login information.
It helps SIBA immensely if the information in your account is accurate, so please take a moment to check. The updated member hub is entirely mobile-friendly, so you can easily log in on your phones and tablets.
Here are three things to do:
- Log in via facebook so the system will remember you
- Check your account and update anything that needs updating
- Connect with other SIBA stores, and with SIBA itself (Nicki Leone & Wanda Jewell). You may have prompts on your account for where one or both of us has reached out to you. If not, just click on our usernames from your "Feed" page to connect with us. You'll see other connection suggestions as well.